Bee Safety For Kids
Posted On Feb 04, 2013
- Bees are our friends, they help make food by pollinating flowers and they make honey for us to eat.
- When bees are left alone, they are happy to do their job and are not dangerous.
- When bees feel threatened by you or something around you, they will become upset and they can sting.
- If bees start chasing you and buzz around your head, you need to leave that area as soon as you can. Run, don’t hide!
- Run to your class room, to your home, or to a store and go inside, whatever is closest to help get you away from the bees. Tell your teacher or the first adult you see that bees are chasing you and if you have been stung. They will know what to do.
- If you see a large ball of bees hanging in a tree, leave them alone and tell an adult you saw them.
- If you see bees flying in and out of a crack in a wall, a hole in a tree, or just about anywhere, leave them alone and leave the area quickly and tell an adult where they are.
- Again, bees are our friends, but they can get very grumpy if they think someone is trying to hurt them and we do not want them to hurt you. Tell your friends about bee safety.